Developing for fove
Bring the power of eye tracking to create unique, more impactful experiences
WHAT WILL YOU CREATE WITH FOVE?
Aim with astonishing precision, making complex action games much easier. Add an eye-based interface for contextual menus, or make a monster appear where the user isn’t looking.
Health Care - Medical
Use virtual reality to provide a new form of expression for the physically disabled. Manipulate the UI system using just the eyes to type, play the piano, operate robots and more.
An entirely new kind of narrative experience is possible with eye-tracking. Characters and situations can change based on where you choose to rest your gaze. You become a part of the story.
Information and self-analysis can be gathered efficiently. Create virtual world simulations of surgery or driving, and display relevant information without interruption.
With FOVE, telepresence in VR becomes truly collaborative. Make real eye contact, ensure that everyone is looking at the same detail, and communicate more in less time.
Developers can create their own eye-tracking experiences, share them with the community, discuss, collaborate and help pioneer the future of VR.
Access our Developer Forum to connect with the community for support.
Download test code to get started on new applications right away.
In Development: C++ Examples, Tutorials, and more.
- Where does the name FOVE come from?
- It comes from the Fovea of the eye, the part of the eye with the highest visual acuity, and Field of View. We want to embrace that FOVE is close to "love," as this has been a labor of love for many of us.
- Where will the FOVE 0 be made?
- FOVE 0 is designed in Japan and manufactured in China.
- Is there a warranty?
- FOVE 0 comes with a one-year limited warranty that protects you against manufacturing defects.
- Who do I contact for investment opportunities?
- Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org regarding investment opportunities.
- Who do I contact if I am a member of the press?
- We encourage you to use our images and videos as long as you credit FOVE and link to our website. You have access to our presskit at getfove.com/contact. For interview requests, please email email@example.com and we will get back to you ASAP.
- I don't see my answer here. Who do I contact?
- Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We have a few team members answering emails, so please be patient with us and keep in mind that we're getting many customer support requests per day. We will get back to you ASAP.
- Is FOVE 0 for consumers just like other consumer-ready VR headsets, such as Oculus Rift CV1 and HTC VIVE?
- FOVE 0 is specifically for developers, who want to create innovative eye-tracking VR content. It is not ready for general consumer use yet, mainly due to the limited amount of content. FOVE is already working on the next generation model for general consumers.
- Is FOVE 0 safe?
- Yes. FOVE 0 uses infrared light to illuminate the eye at close range. FOVE 0 is engineered to ensure that the light is dim and diffuse enough to cause no discomfort, drying or damage to the eyes, even with extended use.
- Is FOVE 0 safe for people of any age?
- FOVE 0 is recommended for users older than the age 13.
- How long can I wear FOVE 0?
- FOVE 0 is comfortable and safe. However we recommend taking a 10-15 min break for every 30 min usage.
- Will FOVE 0 cause eye strain after extended use?
- FOVE 0 causes very little eye strain, no more or less than any other high end VR system.
- What makes FOVE technology unique?
- The eye-tracking feature distinguishes FOVE 0 from other VR headsets. Combined with head orientation tracking, FOVE 0 is the world's first eye tracking HMD. You can control games or user interfaces using your eyes at the speed of thought, similuting the most natural experience of reality. In addition, FOVE 0 can focus representation based on realistic depth of field, adding foveated rendering, and even allow users to make eye contact with virtual characters, which greatly enhances the power of expression in VR.
- What type of input will I use to connect FOVE 0 to my computer?
- HDMI 1.4, USB 3.0, USB 2.0 for the headset, and another USB 2.0 for the position tracking camera.
- How is FOVE 0 powered?
- Via USB 3.0 & USB 2.0.
- What are the main steps I will need to take to integrate FOVE 0 with my game?
- The two main things you will need to do is (1) integrate FOVE 0 motion and eye tracking with your character’s view camera transformation, enabling looking around the world, and (2) implement stereoscopic 3D rendering and optical distortion adjustment that produces the correct left/right eye image on the device. Our SDK will assist with both of these tasks, providing accelerometer and gyro data, screen size information, as well as pre-made shaders to simplify development and abstract away hardware details.
- How can FOVE 0 improve my virtual reality experience?
- With FOVE 0, you can control VR at the speed of thought and make VR much more immersive experience. Artificial Intelligence (AI) becomes more responsive and nuanced, reacting to the your most subtle intentions and providing more realistic interaction. Imagine you can control first-person shooting game like never before, and communicate with virtual characters that were "dead" before. By enabling fine control with the eyes, FOVE 0 significantly reduces motion sickness that is caused by solely relying on head tracking. This has the added benefit of relieving strain on neck muscles for prolonged comfort.
- Can FOVE 0 be used if I wear glasses or contact lenses?
- Yes, for clear contact lenses. Certain cosmetic, colored lenses are not recommended while using FOVE 0 because the sensors woud not recognize eyes and pupils correctly. We generally do not recommend using FOVE 0 while wearing glsses because some glasses' frames will block the sensors while tracking your eyes. Some bigger glasses are fine if they fit into the headset and do not block sensors from tracking the eyes.
- Can I use FOVE 0 if I have poor/zero vision in one eye?
- Yes. FOVE 0 tracks both eyes by default, however FOVE 0 can be used even if one eye is significantly impared. With single eye tracking depth accuracy for depth of field will be reduced.
- Does FOVE 0 come with audio?
- We understand that you probably have your own audio preferences, so FOVE 0 doesn't include audio.
- Will FOVE 0 fit my face?
- Yes. It is possible to adjust the tightness depending on the size of the head. FOVE 0 can be used by anyone of various age groups.
To select countries
1 year warranty
Est. shipping in 2-4 Weeks